Family involvement pays huge dividends in a child’s education. Every school day, Oldham County families and members of our community support education, knowing it takes strong teamwork with teachers and other school staff to provide the first-class education all children deserve.
Help your child succeed
- Your interest in your child’s progress and school activities demonstrates that you value education.
- Expect youngsters to do their best in school
- Ask what they learned in class
- Encourage them to find out more
- Provide space, time and materials for homework
- Ensure nutritious meals, physical activity and rest
- Read and talk with children about books
- Limit television viewing and other passive activities
- Regularly attend parent-teacher conferences
- Champion trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship
- Keep informed about the issues that impact education through school newsletters, regular communication with staff members, our social media sites and this website
- Participate in the PTA
- Attend school events
- Chaperone field trips
- Speak on career days
- Assist in classrooms
- Volunteer time
Parents' Rights to Know
We are extremely proud of the expertise and experience of our staff. OCS consistently has high percentages of teachers who meet the federal government’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements and who hold National Board Teacher Certification. We respect parents’ rights to know about the qualification of their children’s teacher and welcome inquiries about teacher credentials. Please contact Richard Graviss, Personnel Director, at 502-241-3500 for additional information.
Padres y apoderados tienen derecho a conocer las cualificaciones y credenciales de los profesores de nuestras escuelas. Si usted desea mayor información sobre los profesores de su hijo, por favor contacte a Richard Graviss, director de personal. Teléfono 502-241-3500.