- Parents/Guardians are required to provide and maintain their student’s school with current emergency contact phone numbers at all times.
- Students are not to be sent to school with known Fever, Vomiting, Diarrhea, and/or Body Aches w/fever. To prevent the spread of illness, please do not mask a student’s temperature with medication and send students to school.
- We reserve the right to request/require proof of “medical evaluation” regarding a potential contagious illness that could endanger fellow students and staff.
- Parents are to notify their student’s school regarding absence due to illness. See your “Student Handbook” for absentee policy.
Contagious Illness Surveillance
Not all contagious illnesses are required to be reported to local health departments or to public schools. However, if your student is diagnosed with a skin infection such as Staph/MRSA, Chickenpox, Viral/Bacteria Meningitis, Pertussis/Whopping Cough it would be greatly appreciated if you would notify the Director of Health Services at 241.3500. This notification will be kept confidential and could possibly prevent the spread of illness to fellow students and school staff.
Each school has an emergency response plan that includes school staff who maintain a current certification in CPR/AED. All Oldham Co Schools including the Arts Center and all three athletic trainers are equipped with an AED (automated external defibrillator).
Registered Nurses are assigned to consult and/or respond to medical concerns for students.
- For Parents - Facts about use of antibiotics
- Pertussis (Whooping Cough) - Letter to Parents/Guardians - August 24, 2016
- What Parents Need to Know About Measles
- What Parents Need to Know About Ebola
- What Parents Need to Know About the Flu
- What Parents Need to Know About Enterovirus D68