Upon proper application, the superintendent may permit students who reside in one Oldham County School attendance district to attend another Oldham County school provided such approval does not result in employment of additional staff, an imbalance in class size, or overcrowding in the receiving school.
Approval will be granted for the current school year and a new application must be submitted for each subsequent year.
Requirements to Transfer
- The student’s school attendance must be regular and the parent/guardian will be required to phone the designated school administrator in the event of anticipated absence from school.
- The student’s behavior shall be exemplary.
- The student must continue to attempt to do well academically.
- The parent will be responsible for providing transportation to and from school.
Procedures For Applying For An In-District Transfer
Applicants may pick up the proper form from any Oldham County public school or from the Oldham County Board of Education.
Applicants may also download form 9005.05-F District Transfer Request and mail the completed form to:
Director of Pupil Personnel
6165 W. Highway 146
Crestwood, KY 40014
FORM: 9005.05-F District Transfer Request
Transfer Application Deadline
- Deadline to apply for a transfer: January 15th
- Applications are accepted at any time, however, priority is given to those submitted by the initial deadline of January 15th.
- After January 15th, the district cannot guarantee space availability at open schools.
- Initial review of requests will begin in February after the January deadline with notification following spring break.