WHAT IS THE OLDHAM COUNTY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY?
The Oldham County Leadership Academy offers Oldham County 11th grade students a chance to meet with other students from across the district to develop their leadership skills under the direction of OCS Superintendent, Mr. Greg Schultz. We are scheduled to meet six times this school year, during the school day, to study and to explore various aspects of leadership including what it means to be a good leader, types of leaders and putting the things we discuss into practice.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THE OLDHAM COUNTY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY?
Oldham County Leadership Academy is open to any Oldham County 11th Graders. Six to ten students from each middle school will be selected to participate in OCLA.
WHEN DOES THE OLDHAM COUNTY LEADERSHIP ACADEMY MEET?
OCLA will meet six times during the 2019-20 school year. OCLA meeting dates will be as follows:
- September 26, 2019
- October 10, 2019
- November 14, 2019
- January 9, 2020
- February 13, 2020
- March 12, 2020
WHERE WILL OCLA MEET?
OCLA meetings will be held at the Arvin Education Center. Each OCLA session will be held from 8:45 AM to 12:45 PM. Lunch will be provided at all the sessions.
WILL TRANSPORTATION BE PROVIDED FOR OCLA?
OCLA participants must provide his/her own transportation to the Arvin Center for each session. An OCS bus will take students back to their respective schools. Student drivers are allowed after the first session, but must complete a permission form specific to OCLA and have on file at both Arvin and home school.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR OCLA?
- OCLA Application is available on Google Form HERE. Applications are accepted from August 1-22, 2019. Link is available on Facebook, Twitter, and on the OCS website. An email was also sent Aug 1 to all 11th graders via Infinite Campus Messenger.
- Two recommendations are required as part of the application. It is the responsibility of the student to choose and provide them with the appropriate form accessible on the application form or click the following link: OCLA Recommendation Form. At least ONE recommendation must be from a teacher. Parent recommendations will NOT be accepted.
- Application and both recommendations are due by August 22, 2019. Paper copies accepted if received by August 22, 2019. Send to Janet Fraser by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or to 7105 Floydsburg Rd, Crestwood, KY 40026
- Each school’s administrative leadership team will forward the top 12 applicants to the district level by August 30, 2019.
- OCLA members will be announced on September 9, 2019.