THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. In the meantime, know that this is a very exciting time to be part of GATES in Oldham County! The Board of Education, Superintendent Mr. Schultz, and Assistant Superintendent Dr. Foster are incredibly supportive of meeting the needs of gifted learners in our district! Last year, a District Gifted Services Coordinator position was put in place, and GATEway for 4th and 5th graders launched in January. This year, in addition to all the great services you've come to expect, here are some additional things being planned for GATES:
- after a very successful NOMS pilot, each middle school now has more class time for specialized GATES programming during the regular school day!
- several schools are finding unique ways to meet the needs of their GATES students---be sure to ask your GATES school coordinator what is being planned at your school
- a parent KAGE chapter is being planned (expect communication in Sept for more about this)
- an opportunity for Visual and Performing Arts students is in the planning stages (note: VPA identified students receive a scholarship for a free class or half-price private lessons each quarter at the Oldham County Schools Arts Center. Contact the Arts Center at 241-6018 each quarter to enroll)
- work is underway to add more information on this website about the overall services offered to GATES students
Visit the GATES Timeline to find out about 2019-20 opportunities!