Online Safety Tips
Talk to your children. Establish an agreement with your children about Internet use at home and outside of the home. Remind them that rules for good behavior don't change just because they're on a computer.
- Tell an adult about anything you see or find on the Internet that makes you feel uncomfortable or confused.
- Don't share information about yourself, your family, relatives, friends, or school.
- Don't share your name, address, phone number, or location with anyone online.
- Don't answer messages that make you feel uncomfortable or threatened. Tell your parents or a trusted adult about anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Don't send or post threatening or mean messages to or about others.
- NEVER meet anyone from the Internet by yourself. Ask your parents for permission and help to meet someone in a public place.Realize that file sharing and downloading music for free is illegal.
- Don't copy other people's work--it's stealing...called plagiarism.
How many of you have a social network account or page?
Did you know that Facebook and Instagram say you have to be at least 13 years old to use it?
"No information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for Facebook or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us."(http://www.facebook.com/policy.php)
Instagram does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.(https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388)