Record of Council Proceedings
(Minutes) South Oldham High School
Site-Based Council November 18, 2021
The South Oldham High School SBDM Council met in a regular session at 4:15 PM with the following members in attendance: Principal Woosley, Chairman; John Grieb, (teacher); Noel Gnadinger, (teacher); and Renee Toombs (parent). Absent Jamie Reed, (teacher); Sheila Brown (parent).
- 1. Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 4:15 PM.
- Approve Agenda - The Council approved the agenda by consensus.
- Approve minutes - The Council approved the corrections for August 26, 2021 and the Special Called minutes for November 10, 2021 by consensus.
- Approve financial reports - The Council reviewed and approved by consensus the financial reports for October 31, 2021.
- Public Expression - There was no public expression.
- Approve Instructional items Purchase Plan- Ashley Webb, Assistant Principal presented Council with the following Instructional Purchases. World Language French Le Petit Prince by Antione St-Exupery (2017), World Language-French La Classes des Confessions by A.C. Quintero (2017); AP Calculus Cal Medic and AP Statistics Stats Medic. Discussion followed. Council approved by consensus.
- Approve New Club- Mr. Sewell, teacher, and Ms. Madison Brown, student, presented to Council a request to create the SOHS Oral Debate Club. Discussion followed. Andrew Quinn,student, presented to Council a request to create the Ascent Club. Discussion followed. Jodie Graham, student, Victoria Gomez, student, Christine Henry, student, presented to Council a request to create the Black Student Union (BSU) Club. Discussion followed. Andrew Depuy, student, presented to Council a request to create the Ultimate Frisbee Club. Discussion followed. Council requested that presenters hold interest meetings with their sponsors and return to the next regular scheduled meeting once completed.
- Approve New Fundraiser - Principal Woosley presented to Council the fundraiser for Boys Basketball Camp and Girls Basketball camp. Discussion followed. Approved by consensus.
- Review Scheduling Process – Principal Woosley presented the process for creating student schedules to council. Discussion followed.
- Staffing Update - Principal Woosley asked the Council and recording secretary, Shannen Money to go into closed Session, pursuant to KRS 61.810(1) (f) for discussion of hiring personnel. The Council reached consensus and went into Closed Session at 5:13 PM. The Council returned to open session at 5:20 PM. Principal Woosley asked for the minutes to include the following new staff for the 2021-2022 school year. Classified Jacob Henley-Assistant Wrestling Coach-Conferred on 11/10/2021
- Identify Agenda Items For The Next Meeting – The following agenda items were identified for the next regular meeting.
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes
- Financial Report
- Public Expression
- Staffing Update
- Approve New Courses
- CSIP Phase 3
12. Adjourn - Having no further business the Council adjourned at 5:25 PM.