Record of Council Proceedings (Minutes)
South Oldham High School Site-Based Council
December 16, 2021
The South Oldham High School SBDM Council met in regular session at 4:15 PM with the following members in attendance: Melissa Woosley, Chairman; John Grieb, (teacher); Noel Gnadinger (teacher); Sheila Brown (parent) and Renee Toombs; (parent). Absent: Jamie Reed (teacher).
- Call to Order-The meeting was called to order at 4:19 PM.
- Approve agenda - The Council approved the agenda by consensus
- Approve minutes - The Council approved the November 18, 2021 meeting minutes by consensus.
- Approve financial reports - The Council reviewed and approved by consensus the financial reports for November 30, 2021.
- Public Expression - There was no public expression.
- Approve Instrucational Purchases- There were no instructional purchases at this time.
- Approve New Courses - The following teachers present to Council the following new courses for the 2022-2023 school year. Ms. Hannah Karell, teacher, and Ms. Whitney Cox, teacher, presented the following new course - Senior Leadership. A syllabus and course description was presented to Council. Discussion followed. Ms. Hannah Karell, teacher, presented- Advanced Chemistry Lab. A syllabus and course description was presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Mr. Chris Adams, teacher, and Mr.Kendall Sewell, teacher, presented - Science Fiction elective for English. A syllabus and course description were presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Mr. Kendall Sewell, teacher, presented - Writing center course. . A syllabus and course description were presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Mr. Colin Ross, teacher, proposed-Russian Literature class. A syllabus and course description were presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Principal Woosley presented the proposed course - Jazz Ensemble for Mr. Ryan McAllister. A syllabus and course description were presented to the Council. Discussion followed. All course were approved by consensus.
- Staffing Update- Principal Woosley asked the Council to go into closed Session, pursuant to KRS 61.810(1) (f) for discussion of hiring personnel. The Council reached consensus and went into Closed Session at 5:21 PM. The Council returned to open session at 5:26 PM.
- Approve CSIP Phase 3- Principal Woosley presented the council with Phase 3 of the CSIP. Council reviewed. Discussion followed.
- Identify Agenda Items For The Next Meeting-The following agenda items were identified for the next regular meeting.
- Call to Order
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes
- Approve Financial Reports Public Expression
- Approve instructional purchases
- Review of Policies
- Staffing Plan Discussion in preparation for Board presentation,
12. Adjourn -Having no further business the Council adjourned at 5:35 PM