Record of Council Proceedings (Minutes)
South Oldham High School Site-Based Council
The South Oldham High School SBDM Council met in a regular session at 4:15 PM with the following members in attendance: Melissa Woosley, (Chairman); John Grieb, (teacher); Noel Gnadinger (teacher); Jamie Reed (teacher); Sheila Brown (parent) and Renee Toomes (parent).
- Call to Order -- The meeting was called to order at 4:20 PM.
- Approve Agenda - The Council approved the agenda with the following changes. Item number 13 replace 2020-2021 with 2021-2022. Approved by consensus;
- Sign code of Ethics - Melissa Woosley, (Chairman); John Grieb, (teacher); Noel Gnadinger (teacher); Jamie Reed (teacher); Sheila Brown (parent) and Renee Toombs (parent) signed the code of Ethics.
- Handout documents - All Council members in attendance received "Your Duty Under the Law", "Managing Public Records”, “Student Free Speech and Religious Liberty Rights" and "SBDM Law KRS 160.345"
- Sign Proof Receipt - All Council members in attendance received "Your Duty Under the Law" and Managing Public Records.” Each member completed and signed the proof of receipt form.
- Elect a Co-chair - The Council agreed by consensus that Noel Gnadinger would serve as Council Co-chair for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Approve 2021-2022 Student Handbook- Ashley Webb, Assistant Principal presented the council with the revised 2021-2022 Student Handbook. Discussion followed. Approved by consensus
- Staffing Update - Principal Woosley asked the Council and recording secretary, Shannen Money to go into closed Session, pursuant to KRS 61.810(1)(f) for discussion of hiring personnel. The Council reached consensus and went into Closed Session at 5:03 PM. The Council returned to open session at 5:09 PM.
- Certified Positions - Conferred SBDM Date
- Julie Winters - English - Conferred 7/8/2021
- Heather Varda-English - Conferred 7/8/2021
- Kelly Miller-Guidance Counselor-7/8/2021
- Classified Positions - Conferred SBDM Dates
- Amanda Issac-Asst. Cheer-conferred 7/8/2021
- SBDM training review - The Council reviewed and discussed the SBDM Council Training
- Discuss plans for New Year - Principal Woosley request that this item be moved to a later date. Council approved by consensus
- Approve minutes - The Council approved the June 17, 2021 regular meeting and the special called meeting on July 8, 2021. Approved by consensus.
- Approve financial reports - The Council reviewed and approved by consensus the financial reports for June 30, 2021.
- Identify regular meeting dates for the 2021-20222 school year - The Council set the 2021-2022 regular meeting dates for August 26, 2021; September 23, 2021; October 28, 2021; November 18, 2021; December 16, 2021; January 27, 2022; February 24, 2022; March 24, 2022; April 28, 2022; May 26, 2022; and June 23, 2022. All regularly scheduled meetings will begin at 4:15 PM.
- Public Expression - There was no public expression.
- Approve Instructional items purchase plan - There were no Instructional purchases at this time.
- Identify Agenda Items For The Next Meeting - The following agenda items were identified for the next regular meeting.
- Call to Order
- Approve Agenda Approve Minutes Financial Report
- Public Expression
- Approve Instructional items purchase plan
- Athletic Code of Conduct
- Safe Schools Plan
- Review Available test scores
- Staffing Update
- Adjourn - Having no further business the Council adjourned at 5:26 PM.