Record of Council Proceedings
South Oldham High School
December 17, 2020
The South Oldham High School SBDM Council met in a Virtual session at 4:15 PM with the following members in attendance: Melissa Woosley, Chairman, John Grieb, (teacher); Noel Gnadinger (teacher); Angela Pacheco (teacher); Diane Wetherton (parent). Absent: Renee Toombs; Parent
- Call to Order-The meeting was called to order at 4:15 PM.
- Approve Agenda - The Council approved the agenda by consensus.
- Approve minutes - The Council approved the November 19, 2020 meeting minutes by consensus.
- Approve financial reports - The Council reviewed and approved by consensus the financial reports for November 30, 2020.
- Public Expression - There was no public expression.
- Staffing Update - There were no staffing updates at this time.
- Approve New Courses - Ms. Karen Hudson and Ms. Katie Rufra requested new Courses- Child Development Services I, Child Development Services II and Early Childhood Education to be approved for 2020-2021 school year. A syllabus and course description was presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Dr. Marlon Francis requested a new Course - Plant and Applied Horticulture Science to be approved for 2020-2021 school year. A syllabus and course description was presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Mr. John Cantrell requested new Course-Science Through Science Fiction to be approved for 2020-2021 school year. A syllabus was presented to the Council. Discussion followed. Council asked that Mr. John Cantrell to bring back a more detailed course unit outline for council to review. Council approved Child Development Services I, Child Development Services II, Early Childhood Education and Plant and Applied Horticulture Science by consensus. Science Through Science Fiction will be brought back during the January 2021 meeting for futher discussion.
- Approve CSIP Phase 3- Principal Woosley presented the council with Phase 3 of the CSIP. Discussion followed. The Council approved by consensus.
- Continue review of Policies- Council reviewed Programmatic 1-14. Disscussion followed. Council approved no changes to be made by consensus.
- Identify Agenda Items For The Next Meeting-The following agenda items were identified for the next regular meeting.
- Call to Order
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes
- Approve Financial Reports
- Public Expression
- Approve New Course-Science Through Science Fiction
- Midyear Attendance Report
- Midyear Discipline Report
- Staffing Update
- Discussion in preparation for Board presentation
Adiourn - Having no further business the Council adjourned at 5:11 PM