Record of Council Proceedings
South Oldham High School
August 20, 2020
The South Oldham High School SBDM Council met in a virtual session at 4:15 PM with the following members in attendance: Melissa Woosley, Chairman; John Grieb; (teacher); Noel Gnadinger (teacher); Angela Pacheco (teacher) Diane Wetherton (parent) and Renee Toombs (parent).
- Call to Order – The meeting was called to order at 4:15 PM.
- Approve Agenda - The Council approved the agenda by consensus.
- Approve minutes - The Council approved the Regular Session meeting for July 27, 2020 and the Special call meetings from August 12, 2020 and August 13, 2020. The minutes were approved by consensus.
- Approve financial reports – The Council reviewed and approved by consensus the financial reports for July 30, 2020.
- Public Expression – There was no public expression.
- Approve Safe Schools Plan - Mr. Caldwell provided us a copy of the safe schools plan. Discussion followed. Safe Schools Plan approved by consensus.
- Approve Instructional items purchase plan - Principal Woosley presented a purchase plan for approval. The purchase plan authorized purchase of textbooks to include: Felipe Alou and Vidas Impactantes. Discussion followed. The Council approved the purchase plans by consensus.
- SBDM Allocation- Principal Woosley discussed SBDM Allocation. Item will be brought back to the agenda for further discussion.
- Athletic Code of Conduct- Mr. Richie provided us a copy of the changes that were made to the SOHS Athletic Code of Conduct. Discussion followed. The Council approved the changes by consensus.
- Approve Available test Scores – Principal Woosley discussed the test scores that she had received. Discussion followed.
- Staffing Update – Principal Woosley asked the Council; and Recording secretary, Shannen Money to go into closed Session, pursuant to KRS 61.810 (1) (f) for discussion of hiring personnel. The Council reached consensus and went into Closed Session at 4:31 PM. The Council returned to open session at 4:34 PM. Principal Woosley asked for the minutes to include the following new staff for the 2020-2021 school year.
Chris Adams-English-Conferred 8/12/2020
William Sewell-English-Conferred 8/12/2020
Nick Sawyer-Social Studies-Conferred 8/12/2020
Joseph Crenshaw-Social Studies-Conferred 8/12/2020
Krista Mills-English-Conferred 8/13/2020
Scott Cooksey-Head Swim Coach-Conferred 8/13/2020
Maddie Shakleton-Dance Coach-Conferred 8/13/2020
- Identify Agenda Items For The Next Meeting – The following agenda items were identified for the next regular meeting.
- Call to Order
- Approve Agenda
- Approve Minutes
- Financial Report
- Public Expression
- Approve ESS Plan
- Approve Standing Committee Membership
- Review Categorical Funds
- Staffing Update
- Start Review of Policies
- Adjourn – Having no further business the Council adjourned at 4:37 PM.