Those in attendance at the Council meetings shall be provided an opportunity to discuss issues under consideration by the following procedures:
1. A sign-in sheet will be provided by topic for interested parties to indicate their interest in speaking on an issue.
2. As each topic is discussed, the chairperson will call on speakers in the order they signed the sign-in sheet. Each speaker will have a time limit pre-determined by the Council. Input will be allowed before the Council makes a decision. All speakers will speak from an area designated by the chairperson. Any group appearing before the Council shall select a spokesperson that shall address the Council.
3. All who address the Council and observe the Council meetings shall not be permitted to disrupt the meeting by:
a. Speaking out of turn.
b. Being disrespectful to the Council and others.
c. Making derogatory statements about anyone.
d. No discussion of individual school employees or their performance.
4. Input/Reactions must be germane to the topic and must be within the authority of the Council.
5. After persons have spoken from the sign- in sheet, the chairperson will permit others to speak on the item under discussion provided their remarks are germane to the topic and time permits.
6. The chairperson shall explain the procedures and rules for addressing the Council at an appropriate time during the meeting.
7. The Council reserves the right to limit or terminate discussion on any subject introduced by an individual or group.
8. If requested, responses to questions from speakers will be addressed by the appropriate school personnel within seven (7) days.