E-MAIL ADDRESS: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHONE: 502-228-0158 ext. 605
NOHS STAFF MEMBER SINCE: 2003
AP Psychology - Syllabi
AP GOV'T Syllabus
Craig Grimm began his teaching career in 2002 and became a faculty member at NOHS during its inaugural year of 2003. He has taught AP US Gov’t & Politics since 2006 and AP Psychology since 2013. Craig earned his Bachelor’s degree in Gov’t/Political Science from Morehead State University (2001), his Master’s Degree from Wright State University (2002), his National Board for Professional Teaching Certificate from the Nat’l Board for Professional Teaching Standards (2006), and his EdS in Educational leadership from the University of the Cumberlands (2015).
Advanced Placement Courses
Mr. Grimm believes that in order to make emerging psychologists out of his students, this course will stress the need that each participant think like a psychologist. As author and social psychologist David Myers states, to think like a psychologist one must “restrain intuition with critical thinking, judgmentalism with compassion, and illusion with understanding.”
This course integrates rigorous curriculum directed by content mastery, developed critical thinking skills, emphasis on psychological oration, and the opportunity to provide students with a real world connection to the study of human development.
AP US Government and Politics
In order to best meet the needs of his students, Mr. Grimm has built this course as an intense study of American government that allows for a stronger revelation of our nation’s political/social direction and of our global interactions. This course integrates rigorous curriculum directed by content mastery, developed critical thinking skills, emphasis on political oration, and opportunity to provide students with a real world connection to the study of American politics.
- AP Certified in Gov't & Politics - 2006.
- National Boards Certification (HS History / Pol. Science) in 2006.
- Selected as a finalist for Kentucky Teacher of the Year in 2008, 2014.
- Selected as an AP Grader for AP Gov't & Politics in 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Bob Costas AP Writing Grant Finalist in 2010.
- University of Kentucky 'Teachers of Excellence' Award Winner in 2011.
- Oldham County ExCEL AWARD Winner in 2011.
- AP Certified in Psychology - 2013.
- 99% AP Psychology pass rate since 2013 (185+ students)
- 92% AP US GOV’T pass rate since 2006 (525+ students)