Parents and Students:
NOMS is implementing an online bullying submission form, which you will see on the website and in the announcements, to allow for fast and easy notification to NOMS Administration and counselors when you or a student feel that bullying situations occur.
As a reference below is a definition of bullying:
Harassment, intimidation, or bullying as an intentional electronic, written, verbal or physical act that
- Physically harms a student or damages the student’s property; or
- Has the effect of substantially interfering with a student’s education; or
- Is so severe, persistent or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- Has the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school or
- is an Imbalance of power and happens over time
A more kid-friendly version we will be working with the students on:
Definition: A student is being bullied when he or she is exposed repeatedly and overtime to negative actions on the part of one or more students. Bullying implies an imbalance in power or strength. The student being bullied has difficulty defending him/herself.
I-Imbalance of Power
R-Repeated over time
The NOMS Anti-Bullying Committee hopes that by having a common understanding of bullying and a quick and easy notification system we can diminish the amount and effects of bullying.