Interim CFO Dr. Tom Shelton explains state and local funding for Oldham County Schools and breaks down expenditures by location and type.
Highlights and where to find them in the video:
- :40 - The average percentages of state and local funding for Kentucky school districts in 2008 vs. 2022
- 1:28 - The amount of state and local funding for Oldham County Schools in 2008 vs. 2022
- 2:12 - How property values affect SEEK funding
- 3:10 - Local and state SEEK funding breakdown for FY23
- 5:40 - Tax rate breakdown and the portion of tax dollars that go directly into the restricted Building Fund
- 6:30 - OCS expenses by location
- 7:40 - OCS expenses by type
- 8:48 - Underfunding of education in KY causes even greater shift to local funding
Scheduling screenings for
JANUARY 5th & 12th
The 2023 U.S. News & World Report list of Best High Schools in America was just released and all of our high schools ranked in the top 25 public schools in Kentucky.
Dr. Radford and the Oldham County Board of Education had good news to share during Opening Day.
This year's CLL campers enjoyed fun learning activities for three weeks this summer.
The 2023 WHAS/LG&E KU ExCEL Award was presented to Karen Putlak on May 3, 2023.
Online Registration for the 2023-24 school year is OPEN for returning OCS families. Parents/guardians, please login to your Infinite Campus Parent Portal and follow the directions to register your child or children.
The Transportation Form will be required for all students regardless of their mode of transport (bus, car, walk). If a change of transportation is needed during the 2023-24 school year (address change, changing from car to bus or bus to car, etc.), the Transportation Change digital form is required and available by logging into your Campus Parent Portal selecting menu item More, selecting Transportation and clicking on the Request Transportation Change link.
Any family with an incoming kindergartener will need to contact their school to obtain a registration link and find out about any kindergarten events. You will need to provide proof of residency and the child’s birth certificate to obtain login information for the Infinite Campus Online Registration.
For preschool information, contact the preschool for enrollment and registration guidelines.
If you have any problems accessing Infinite Campus Parent Portal, please contact your child’s school.
Why Become a Teacher in Oldham County?
Why Become a Bus Driver for Oldham County Schools?
Why Work for the Oldham County Schools Nutrition Department?
Why Become a Substitute Teacher in Oldham County?