- South Oldham High School was named one of the top high schools for 2012 in Daily Beast/Newsweek .
- In addition, U.S. News & World Report ranked SOHS as the #2 school in the state in 2013!
- South Oldham High placed 6th in the state on the ACT's PLAN test. Great job Class of 2013!
- SOHS was named a Distinguished School on the state assessment.
- We had two students named as National Merit Finalists (see below) in 2012.
- SOHS was also re-certified by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS) after a visit by a the SACS Quality Assurance Team in October, 2010.
- SOHS is a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
- Newsweek article
- U.S. New & World Report rankings
Congratulations to parent volunteer Catherine Sanford (Right) for the Torch Award and Ryan McAllister, SOHS band director, (Left) for the Teacher of the Year Award!
- Wow- These great singers represented us at All-State Chorus:Katie Olsen, Miranda Hileman, Hannah Held, Keith Menser, Greyson Ashton, Issac Meisner, Kaitlyn Adkisson, Grace Taylor, Sarah Blair, Regan Woodbury, Kinsey Bright, Megan Farmer, Gabby Davis, Kyle Burney and Beth Anne Akers. SOHS also sent Freshmen studetns to the freshman all-State choir.
- Congratulate the SOHS KY Youth Assembly (KYA) for their great job- Jack Schaller was elected Persident of the Senate and several bills written by our students were passed.
- Our Boys Basketball Team advanced to the Sweet 16 and were the 8th District Regional Champs.
- Our Girls Basketball Team won the district title. This is their fifth straight title.
- The SOHS Cheerleading team won two NATIONAL titles!
- Way to go Youth Step Up progranm at SOHS! They won honorable mention in the Keep KY Kids Safe Public Service Announcement contest. Their video can be seeen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8YtA8FkiNY . It was produced by Emily Ansert, Bailey Walker, Yvonne Johnson, Tiffany Raque, Lydia Kieswetter, Hanney Held, Savannah Walker and Kaitlin Raque under the sponsorship of Media Center Clerk, Jeanninne Konesko.
- Congraulations to the following students who were selected for the KMEA All-State Band:
Desiree Anderson - Clarinet, All-State Concert Band
Ryan Greco - Trumpet, All-State Concert Band
Micah LeMaster - Trumpet, All-State Concert Band
Ada Pariser - Clarinet, All-State Symphonic Band
Kayla Pariser - Flute, All-State Concert Band
Anna Townsend - Flute, All-State Symphonic Band
- CONGRATULATIONS TO Coach Kenny Burke who was selected as State Soccer Coach of the Year.
- AND our soccer team had an awesome year winning District and Regional Championships. Davis Ferriell was named to 1st team all state withTrent Howard named to 2nd team all state, Isaac Meisner and Hunter Lewis Honorable Mention.
- Congrats to our Football Team for winning their first district championship in the school's history.
- WOW- congrats to Nathanial Long and Caitlyn Brown- our 2012 Semifinalists for the National Merit Scholarship Program!
- Our very own Dr. Christine Price is one of just 24 recipients for the 2013 Ashland Inc. Teacher Achievements Awards!
- Nathanial Long spent six weeks at the Missouri University of Science and Technology participating in the Summer Research Academy on nuclear physics.
- Susannah Frailey represented SOHS in Japan through a scholarship op for FCCLA members.
* (Know someone or something we should celebrate? Let Nancy Palmquist, webmaster, know!)