Click here for the updated Dress Code!
October 30, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- Grandparents raising grandchildren meeting 7-8 PM @ OCHS
- Spanish club will THURSDAY meet after school in room 206. We will be talking about Día de los muertos. It is not too late to join. $5 for the whole year.
- Beta Club Candle order forms are due to Mrs. Law/Mrs. Carr
- Grandparents raising Grandchildren meeting Thursday, October 30, 2014 from 7:00pm-8:00pm (or) Thursday, November 6, 2014 from 9:30am-10:30am (Oldham County High School Campus)
- BETA INDUCTION CEREMONY FOR NEW MEMBERS WILL BE NOVEMBER 3 AT 7PM IN THE CAFETERIA. YOU ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND. YOU NEED TO EITHER SEE MRS. CARR IN PERSON OR SEND HER AN EMAIL IF YOU HAVE A VALID REASON FOR NOT ATTENDING.
- NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY WILL MEET NOVEMBER 5TH IN ROOM 210 FROM 4:00 TO 6:00 PM.
- BRING FOOD AND BEVERAGES FOR ADDITIONAL HOURS.
- Deadline for Ski Club sign-ups is Nov 7th. Please obtain forms outside rm 222 or rm 135 and return to Mr Ising with dues and signatures.
- Congratulations to the SOHS Marching Band for their performance at KMEA State Quarterfinal competition this past weekend. The band earned 4th place, a distinguished rating, and advanced to Semi-Final competition. The band will perform this Saturday 11/1 at 2:15 at Madison Southern High School in Semi-Final competition.
- Attention Beta club members: Candle order forms are available for pick up in room 218. Orders are due October 31 with money.
- Tickets for the Homecoming Dance will be sold starting October 29 through November 14 at lunch for $10. Tickets will also be available at the door for $15. 100% of profits go to the ALS Association. The semi-formal dance will be held in the SOHS Auditorium Saturday, November 15th from 8-11pm. The theme is 1920s/Great Gatsby. Please dress for the theme!
- Anyone interested in trying out for baseball this spring that has not already been in contact with the coaching staff should send their contact information (email address, player name and grade) to Monica at email@example.com
- ATTENTION STUDENTS GRADES 9, 10, & 11:
Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs (GSE) will begin its application period on November 1-December 12, 2014
Apply online: http://KentuckyGSE.com
No minimum GPA or test scores considered
Students who attend GSE’s three-week, residential program will learn from guest speakers, take field trips to innovative businesses and work with professional mentors. Applying STEM skills they design and build a prototype of their innovative product or service. The session culminates with the teams giving an oral business pitch presentation to an outside panel of entrepreneurs, investors and professionals. See the website for student testimonials and more information
- Please leave your Nintendo devices at home. Using them at school causes the wireless network to fail.
- ESS schedule: Tuesday – English and Science; Wednesday – Math; Thursday – English, Math, and Social Studies. Foreign language must be scheduled with the teacher.
- ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS & PARENTS: If you are planning on using a college visit please remember that you need to submit a request in writing from a parent/guardian to the attendance office no later than a week prior to the first day of absence. Juniors you are allowed 1 college visit and seniors you are allowed 2 college visits. If you do not submit your request to the attendance office a week prior to the first day of absence you not be eligible to use your allocated College Visit days. Also remember that College Visitation Policy follows the same as the OCBE Vacation Policy which may not be used before or after an extended break such as three-day weekends and holiday breaks.
- ATTENTION SENIORS: To be eligible for PTSA scholarship a parent and Senior Student must be a member of the PTSA.
- Student Drivers – If you park in the area where the band practices your vehicle must be moved everyday by 4:00. Thanks for your cooperation.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 8:05 in the GYM.
- Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky is hosting a contest open to all public and private Oldham County students. The contest includes two competitions:
* Create a video up to two minutes on the project with a focus on youth participation (this would be the type of video that is uploaded to YouTube). The contest winner would receive $200.
* Create an artist rendering of a completed Park. The contest winner would receive $100.
The entries are due no later than January 2nd. See attached fliers for details.
10/31 – 7:30pm BOYS Varsity Football @ Bullitt Central High School
11/1 – TBA Coed Varsity Cross Country @ Multiple Opponents (Meet)(KHSAA REGIONAL MEET)
9:00am Coed Varsity Swimming @ Multiple Opponents (Meet)(HALLOWEEN SPPOKTACUALR @ CLEAR CREEK ACQUATIC CENTER)
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.