Daily Announcements March 10, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- Mar. 10
- Spring Sports Pictures this afternoon. Check with your coach for your team's time.
- Boys Regional Basketball Tournament tonight @ Henry Co. Our boys take on Collins at 6:30.
- Mar. 12
- International Club Meeting – after school in room 202.
- Mar. 13
- PTSA meeting will be on Thurs., Mar. 13th at 9am. The PTSA is still looking for volunteers. The VP of Membership is still open. Please contact Kathy Powell @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Wrightington @ email@example.com for more information.
- Mar. 14
- Mu Alpha Theta members – our final meeting of the year will be on Fri., Mar. 14, at 8AM in room 220. All members are expected to attend.
- Attention all students: Fri., Mar. 14 is PI DAY. Mu Alpha Theta will be sponsoring a pi trivia contest on Friday. Look for the entry forms on the doors of all math classrooms on Friday and turn in your answers to the box in the main office by the end of the day. A winner will be drawn from all correct entries and will receive a pi day prize.
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- Mar. 20
- Interact Meeting Mar. 20 from 3:50-4:45 in room 136.
- Seniors – Please stop by Ms. Shearn's office in guidance to check the spelling of your name for your diploma.
- Upon recommendation by the superintendent, the board approved using May 2 as the make-up day for Monday's cancellation. This keeps the last day of school for students June 6.
- Our lost-and-found is overflowing! We will be donating everything next Friday, Mar. 14. Please check with the office before then if you are missing anything.
- Teachers – Interested in learning more about Differentiated Instruction? Come to the DI Showcase – Wed., Mar. 12, 4:00 – 5:30 in the Reference Room. Contact Dr. Price with questions.
- Interested in Student Council? Short meetings, fun activities, and a scholarship potential for seniors! Pick up an application from room 112 to secure your spot on next year's team! Applications must be picked up before Mar. 21 and must be turned in to Mrs. Kruszynski by April 30th.
- It is that time of year again to elect a parent representative for our SBDM (School Based Decision Making) Council. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.(502)417-7674..
- Remember to check out the guidance scholarship website on a regular basis. Many new scholarship opportunities have been added to the site and more scholarships will continue to be added as we receive information.
- Follow us on Twitter at SOHSAnnounces for up to the minute information.
THIS WEEK IN SPORTS:
Mar. 10 Boys Varsity Basketball @ Henry Co. vs. Collins in Regional Tournament (6:30)
Mar. 11 Boys JV Varsity Lacrosse @ Oldham Co. (6:00, 8:00)
Mar. 12 Girls Varsity Tennis @ Franklin Co. 5:00
Girls Varsity Softball @ Western Hills (6:00 – Scrimmage)
Mar. 13 Boys JV Varsity Lacrosse @ Louisville Male (6:00, 8:00)
Girls JV Varsity Lacrosse @ Atherton (6:00, 7:15)
Mar. 14 Girls Varsity Tennis vs. Mercer Co. (4:30)
Mar. 15 Boys Varsity Lacrosse vs. Evansville Memorial (11:00, 3:00)
Boys Varsity Tennis vs. McCracken Co. (11:00)
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.
Heroin abuse is on the rise in Kentucky — a 550% increase in overdose fatalities from 2011 to 2012.
Special presentation"Heroin Hits Home" Community Forum, March 6.
Click here for more information.