Click here for the updated Dress Code!
August 29, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- The Oldham County Regional College Fair will be Thursday September 4, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the South Oldham High School cafeteria and auditorium. High school students and their families are highly encouraged to attend and explore opportunities for their college and career interests following high school
- Any student interested in participating in KYA this year should report to SOHS Room 205 at 7:45 a.m. next Tuesday morning, September 2, for more information.
- You are invited to attend the first FCCLA informational meeting on Wednesday, September 3rd at 3:55-4:55 in room 201. You must be enrolled or have taken a Family and Consumer Science class.
- Stammtisch is now signing up members for this school year. All current German students and former German students with at least a 75% in their last German class are eligible to join. See Herr Effingham, 207 for more information.
- If your student will be taking their driver’s permit test this fall, you must first call Mrs. Jaggers in Guidance and request a School Compliance Verification form. In order for this form to be completed by Mrs. Jaggers, the student must have passed at least 5 of 7 classes and have 9 or less unexcused absences for the Spring Semester 2014. The parent/guardian must pick up the form. Please allow 1 day for processing.
- Student Drivers – If you park in the area where the band practices your vehicle must be moved everyday by 4:00. Thanks for your cooperation.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 8:05 in the GYM.
- The PSAT will be given this year on Wednesday, October 15. Any freshmen, sophomores, or juniors that would like to take the test need to bring $20 to Mr. Beall by September 5. He will be in the cafeteria from 8:00-8:40 each morning. This test is the qualifying tests for juniors that are interested in the National Merit Program and can also be used as part of your Governor’s Scholars Program application. If you have any questions, please see Mr. Beall.
- ATTENTION PARENTS OF JUNIORS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR the GOVERNOR’S SCHOLAR PROGRAM:
Your student must have a test standardized test score from either ACT, SAT, or PSAT. If your student has not taken one of these tests, or would like to re-take one, it is recommended that they sign up for the October 11th SAT (www.sat.org/register ), the October 15th PSAT (sign up with Mr. Beall in the mornings in the SOHS cafeteria), or the October 25th ACT (www.actstudent.org ) in order for scores to be back in time for the application process. ACT/SAT/PSAT scores are a major component of the scoring process. The deadline for register for each test is fast approaching.
There will be a Governor’s Scholar informational meeting in late September (TBA). Please watch the SOHS Daily Announcements for the Date and Time of this meeting. More information can be found about GSP at www.gsp.ky.gov .
- Beta announcements will start Monday and continue every Monday or the first day of the week we are in school in room 218. You may come either before OR after school.
Current sophomores will be getting letters of invitation soon. If you think you will be eligible, you may go ahead and start coming and signing in.
- YEARBOOK - All students
The last 2 opportunities to pre-order yearbooks are at Open House (September 2) or the week of September 8-12 (before school, during lunch, or after school). The cost is $60 if paid-in-full or $33 now and $32 in the spring.
- YEARBOOK - Underclassmen (grades 9-11)
Picture Retake Day is Thursday, September 11. All underclassmen who were not photographed at registration will be photographed. Any underclassman wishing a retake may also be photographed.
- YEARBOOK - Seniors only
All seniors received a SENIOR SALUTATION CONTRACT in homeroom on 8/21. All contracts must be turned in by SEPTEMBER 3.
All seniors received a SENIOR QUOTE FORM in homeroom on 8/22. All quotes must be turned in by AUGUST 28.
If seniors have not had a yearbook tux/drape shot taken at SIGNATURE STUDIO, they should schedule to have that taken now by contacting the studio at 896-1393 or through the Signature Studio website. This photo also may be taken at SOHS on September 11.
All senior pix poses for the yearbook must be selected by September 20 or Signature Studio will select one for you.
Today - 7:30pm Boys Varsity Football @ Martha Layne Collins Jr/Sr
8/30 - 9:00am Coed Varsity Cross Country @ Multiple Opponents (Meet) (ST. X TIGER RUN @ RIVER ROAD COURSE
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.