Click here for the updated Dress Code!
The Minority SBDM Representative election will be on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014, 8am to 4pm. SOHS parent, Rick Smith, has been nominated for the position. Click on the bio below for more information about Mr. Smith. Please make sure to stop by school and vote for Rick Smith. If you have any questions, please contact Christy Michaud, SOHS PTSA President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick Smith bio
November 25, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- SOHS Girls Lacrosse conditioning for Tuesday, November 25th is cancelled.
- Thanksgiving Break will be from Wednesday November 26th through Friday November 28th.
- A representative from UofL Speed School will be at South on Monday, December 1st to talk with students about the different types of engineering degrees and careers. The presentation will be from 4-5pm in room 220. All students are invited to attend.
- The Minority SBDM Representative election will be on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014, 8am to 4pm. SOHS parent, Rick Smith, has been nominated for the position. His bio will be listed on the school website as well as attached in the email. Please make sure to stop by school and vote for Rick Smith. If you have any questions, please contact Christy Michaud, SOHS PTSA President, at email@example.com
- NHS Pizza Party! The next National Honor Society meeting will be a pizza party on December 4th at 4pm in the cafeteria. All members should make plans to attend this meeting. If you have questions about NHS, please contact Dr. Bentley.
- YOUTH IN ACTION’s next meeting will be Thursday December 4th at 8:15 am in the Reference Room. See attached flyer, or ask Mrs. Konesko for information.
- Please see attached flyer for information about CIEE’s Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) Scholarship Program – application deadline is Dec. 5.
- All Ski Club members must fill out, have signed and turn in to Mr Ising a "Perfect North waiver Form" before recieving their pass to perfect north. Forms can be obtained on-line, outside rm 135, and rm 222. We will also try to deliver a form to each member after return from thanksgiving.
- Congratulations to the following students who were selected for the KMEA 5th District All-District Band: Joanna Rosenberger, Hannah Clark, Erynn Bergman, Aidan Nash, Kristen Dudding, Autumn Day, Laura Pope, Alison Clark, Abby Rickert, Hannah Fudlold, Mackenzie Montross, Emma Haney, Mia Carman, Hannah Mattingly, Julia Tennant, Zach Long, McKenna Webb, Noah Poynter, Julliette Tinebra, and Bailie Woods.
- We would like to thank ALL the following students for submitting pieces for the Reflection Theme this school year 2014:
- DANCE: Stephanie Downs
- MUSIC: India Brown, Sam Jackie
- LITERATURE: Miles Beliar, Ashton Bergman, Michael Bristow, Ashley Ford. Collin Higgs, Caden Holbrook, Joseph Logsdon, Riley McCartney, Daniel Mutter, Kailey Oliveros, Alexis Poppleton, Anthony Tivo Sanatana, Shae Singer, Gabrielle Wilson, LJ Wrightington
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Jessica Bennett, Meg Blackford, Elleen Cole, Victoria Crable, Kristen Gagel, Rachel Grant, Tony Lin, Jermisha Lovely, Mason Patrick, Madison ???, Minanda Reaves, Emilia Simons, Austin Workman, Rachel Ann Vazzana
- FILM PRODUCTION: Julie Age, Peyton Aston, Timothy Clayton, Lauren Harris, Alexander Houlton, Tanner Johnson, LeAnn Payne, Avery Periard, Grace Sterling
- VISUAL ARTS: Griffin Allen, Armando Pichardo-Avila, Nathan Bauer, Kaelyn Mae Beach, Hope Bednarczyk, Francesca Boyatt, Cherie Burke, Riley Hunter Burton, Jacon Childers, Caleb Clark, Caitlin Cochran, Katelyn Creager, Julie Dean, Madelyn Disney, Victoria Dorado, Demi Duncan, Syney Frantz, Nick Giglio, Michael Higgins, Mitchell Hobbs, Dyllon Hoover, Chanse Laz, Hannah Leskody, Josefina Lopez, Kelsey McLeod, Calen Miller, Bailey Moberly, Erin Pieragowski, Alexandar Powell, Hannah Ray, Sarah Shaiegan, Aidab Skeeters, Nicholas Strobl, Olivia Straub, Elisabeth Tapp, Elizabeth Wethington, Dorion Blake Yates
- A FALL SEASON TO REMEMBER
Girls Soccer: STATE CHAMPS; Title #7 for Coach Cy Tucker.
Boys XC: STATE CHAMPS by one point over St. X.
Boys Soccer: Coach Burke leads the Dragons to their first Final 4.
Football: 3 Straight District Titles under Coach Reed.
Girls XC: 5th place finish in the state championships.
Marching Dragons: 7th place finish in the state under Mr. McAllister.
Mr. Romney and SOHS Choir students gave a mind-blowing performance of Carmina Burana with the Louisville Orchestra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6bhthChws
- It's that time of year again: our Christmas Food Drive! This year, we will be helping 300 local Oldham county families to celebrate Christmas. Food drive boxes will be placed in your first period teacher's classrooms. We need: canned and boxed goods, soap, shampoo, toothpaste, and children's books. Cash donations and checks are appreciated too (to purchase perishables). There is a little Christmas competition as well! The first period class that collects the most will be treated to breakfast! What better way to start the day? Toiletries are 1 point, canned or boxed foods worth 2 points, and children's books worth 5 points. Collections run from Nov. 10th - Dec. 5th! Share your holiday cheer!
- ATTENTION SOHS STUDENTS AND PARENTS: Remember to check the SOHS Guidance Web page @ http://sohsguidance.weebly.com/enrichment-opportunities.html to find a variety of Enrichment activities and Opportunities. This page will be updated regularly so check in often.
- Anyone interested in trying out for baseball this spring that has not already been in contact with the coaching staff should send their contact information (email address, player name and grade) to Monica at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please leave your Nintendo devices at home. Using them at school causes the wireless network to fail.
- ESS schedule: Tuesday – English and Science; Wednesday – Math; Thursday – English, Math, and Social Studies. Foreign language must be scheduled with the teacher.
- ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS & PARENTS: If you are planning on using a college visit please remember that you need to submit a request in writing from a parent/guardian to the attendance office no later than a week prior to the first day of absence. Juniors you are allowed 1 college visit and seniors you are allowed 2 college visits. If you do not submit your request to the attendance office a week prior to the first day of absence you not be eligible to use your allocated College Visit days. Also remember that College Visitation Policy follows the same as the OCBE Vacation Policy which may not be used before or after an extended break such as three-day weekends and holiday breaks.
- ATTENTION SENIORS: To be eligible for PTSA scholarship a parent and Senior Student must be a member of the PTSA.
- FCA will meet every Wednesday at 8:05 in the GYM.
- Veterans Memorial Park of Kentucky is hosting a contest open to all public and private Oldham County students. The contest includes two competitions:
* Create a video up to two minutes on the project with a focus on youth participation (this would be the type of video that is uploaded to YouTube). The contest winner would receive $200.
* Create an artist rendering of a completed Park. The contest winner would receive $100.
The entries are due no later than January 2nd. See attached fliers for details.
11/25 - 6:00pm Coed Varsity Swimming @Multiple Opponents (SHELBY COUNTY MEET)
11/26 – 11/30 – No School
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.