Daily Announcements-April 18, 2014
THIS WEEK AT SOUTH
- Junior Prom Tickets on Sale in Room 132 (Ms. Tronzo) and 137 (Ms. McMahan). Junior Prom is April 26 from 8:00-11:00 at Hunting Creek Country Club
- NAHS meeting April 18th after school from 4:00 to 4:30 in room 210. Senior NAHS members must order graduation cords by Friday, April 18th. Cords are $12. Be ready to pay on the 18th.
- Deadline for Beta Club candle orders. Turn into Mrs. Law in rm. 218
- Deadline for Senior NAHS members must order and pay for NAHS graduation cords by Friday the 18th of April. Cords are $12.00.
- On Friday 4/18, PTSA drug/alcohol awareness will be at the school during the students lunch time in the lobby for activity, snacks, and prizes. We encourage all students to stop by.
- Senior Prom 8:00 – 12:00 at Henry Clay Building, 602 W. 3rd Street, Louisville, Ky. 40202
- Parking: 1.The Clay Commons Parking garage which is attached to the venue on the Fourth street side entrance, this way student will never have to walk across the street in any unsupervised area. There is a $2.00 parking charge (if parents or limos are just dropping off they can pull directly to the back door entrance). 2. The other parking option is a surface lot across the street on the Third street entrance side. Unfortunately this parking lot does not have an attendant but it is in direct view of the facility.
- Security: There will be LMPD and OCPD at the event.
- On Mon., Apr. 21, from 4-5 pm in room 220, a professor from Bellarmine University will be here to talk about the connection between math and the visual arts. The event is open to all students. More information is posted on the Mu Alpha Theta bulletin board.
- SOHS Dance Team Tryouts. Information packets are available in the office. There will be a pre-tryout parent meeting on Mon., Apr. 14 at 7:00 in the cafeteria.
- The year end Stammtisch Grillfeier will be Tues., 29 April after school. All members are encouraged to attend to participate in the year end competitions and raffle. Members of Hamburg, München, and Stuttgart need to see Mr. Effingham before Friday, 18 April.
- The 10th annual Relay for Life 3-on-3 tournament will be held on Thurs., May 1 starting at 6:00. The cost is $5 per player with a minimum of 3 players per team. See Mr. Moore for more details. Any girl interested in playing on the girls' golf team, please see Mr. Moore.
- Art and Talent Extravaganza Thursday, May 22, 2014 – 7:00- 9:00pm Oldham County Arts Center,The date has been set for Thursday, May 22nd. Don’t delay and sign up today to show your talent! Signup sheet for all talent acts is in the front office or email Kim Nethery at email@example.com!Those interested in placing an art piece in the show please see Mrs. Luciano. There will be prize money for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd so….….Don’t delay, sign up today!
- STUDENT DRIVERS: Do NOT park in the visitor’s row (first row next to grass in the front student lot). Any car with a parking pass that is parked in the visitor row will be booted. If your car is booted, it costs $50 to get it unbooted.
- STUDENT DRIVERS: Do NOT park on campus without a parking pass – your car will be booted if parked on campus illegally. If your car is booted, it costs $50 to get it unbooted.
- If you think you have perfect attendance this school year, please pick up a form in the guidance office.
- If you are awarded any scholarships, please pick up a form in the guidance office.
- Remember to go online to register with Parchment using the registration code that you received. All final transcripts must be sent electronically through Parchment at the end of the school year to the college/university that you plan to attend. If you don’t register, the guidance office will not be able to send your final transcript.
- Amendment to previous announcement concerning lunch detention: You may serve lunch detention with Mrs. Woosley in the cafeteria if it is approved by her ahead of time. Lunch detention may not be served in the office.
- Congratulations to Isabel Jadick on being offered a position as a Trainee with the Louisville Ballet Company, she was offered this position after auditioning with a group of more than 60 dancers. Great accomplishment!!
- SENIORS WHO ARE BETA MEMBERS: Please check the Beta bulletin board to see if you have completed all of your hours. Some of you are really close and need to get this taken care of by Monday if you want to graduate with Beta honors. See Mrs. Law if you have any questions.
- Tweet a photo of you and/or a group of friends “Reading with your Peeps” to @dragonreader by Apr. 30, 2014 for a chance to win a $10 iTunes gift card.
- Seniors - If you are awarded any scholarships, even if you decline them, please come to the guidance office and see Ms. Shearn. We announce scholarships that are awarded at your graduation ceremony.
- The SOHS Wrestling Team is holding its Annual Mulch Fundraiser. With a minimum 10 bag order, the team will deliver mulch free within 15 miles of SOHS. We offer cypress, hardwood, red colored, and black colored mulch. Order form with payment is due by April 19 for April 27 delivery. Order forms can be found on the SOHS website, search "mulch". An order form is attached to this email.
- The SOHS Choral department is beginning their annual Spring Plant Sale. Please see a member of the choir department or speak with Mr. Romney to order your plants today! Delivery is Saturday April 26. An order form is attached to this email.
- Interested in Student Council? Short meetings, fun activities, and a scholarship potential for seniors! Pick up an application from room 112 to secure your spot on next year's team! Applications must be picked up before Mar. 21 and must be turned in to Mrs. Kruszynski by April 30th.
- Remember to check out the guidance scholarship website on a regular basis. Many new scholarship opportunities have been added to the site and more scholarships will continue to be added as we receive information.
- Follow us on Twitter @SOHSAnnounces for up to the minute information.
THIS WEEK IN SPORTS:
Apr. 18 Boys Varsity Baseball @ Louisville Male (7:00)
Coed Varsity Track @ North Oldham Quad Meet vs. Multiple opponents
Apr. 19 Girls Varsity Tennis @ Multiple Opponents (Lawrence Co. Tournament)
Boys Varsity JV Lacrosse vs. Christian Academy (11:00, 1:00)
Boys JV Baseball Double Header @ Pleasure Ridge Park (12:00, 2:15)
Boys Varsity Baseball vs. Butler Traditional (@ Male H.S., 1:30)
If you have an announcement you need added to this list, please send it to this email address (SHDaily.Announcements@oldham.kyschools.us) 24-hours prior to when you want the announcement to be listed.