What Are the Responsibilities of a Policy Council Member?
- To be informed and keep parents informed about issues facing the Policy Council
- To make decisions for the Preschool Program based on the Policy Council By-Laws and the Head Start Performance Standards
- To attend meetings regularly and notify staff in advance if you are unable to be present for a meeting
- To advocate for the best interests of all Preschool families
- To attend trainings and share the information with other parents
- Be on working committees that help the Preschool Program such as PTA or RIF book selection and distribution.