SCHOOL COUNCIL SUMMARY
January 19, 2012
The Camden Station Elementary School Council met in regular session in the Conference Room of Camden Station Elementary School with the following members present:
1. Stu Martin 2. Rachael Roy 3. Amy Larson 4. Sylvain Limprevil 5. Ann Mintman
- The meeting was called to order at 3:35.
- The Council reviewed and approved the agenda.
- The Council reviewed and approved the minutes of the December 15, 2011 meeting.
- Council Action Items
- The Council considered and approved the Camden Station Report Card for the 2010-2011 school year.
- Principal’s Report
- The Council discussed the annual report to the Board. Members quickly reviewed the answers to the 5 questions that were asked of each Council. The Council also discussed the 3 topics they would like to discuss at the 2.7.12 meeting with the Board. The 3 topics are: the Reading Recovery Program and how it has benefited our students, the need for an updated wireless infrastructure at Camden and across the District, and the impact on student learning that has occurred because of lower class sizes.
- Mr. Martin gave the Council preliminary enrollment and budget numbers for the 2012-13 school year. The Council looked at both the computer-generated enrollment projections, along with current warm-body projections. Camden’s enrollment is projected to fall by 20-40 students next year, creating an issue with the budget if some changes aren’t made. The Council will continue to look at updated enrollment projections over the next few months to help make informed decisions about future staffing and spending.
- Having no further business, the Council adjourned at 4:43.