SCHOOL COUNCIL SUMMARY
August 18, 2011
The Camden Station Elementary School Council met in regular session in the Conference Room of Camden Station Elementary School with the following members present:
1. Stu Martin 2. Rachael Roy 3. Ann Mintman 4. Amy Larson 5. Sylvain Limprevil 6. Heidi-Bramlage-Schomburg
- The meeting was called to order at 3:35.
- The Council reviewed and approved the agenda.
- The Council reviewed and approved the minutes of the July 21, 2011 and July 27, 2011 meetings.
- Mr. Martin notified the Council of the following personnel actions:
Dorie Arthur, Teacher – Conferred with Council on July 27, 2011
Sara Hampton, Aide
Brooke Bruns, ECE Aide
- Council Action Items
- The Council reviewed and approved the following Council Goals for 2011-12:
- Continue implementation and monitoring of the Comprehensive
School Improvement Plan, along with Camden’s Mission Statement
- Furthering and sustaining the literacy initiative (unified approach to reading &
writing) in every grade level
- Furthering and sustaining effective math instruction, with an emphasis on UbD
- Sustaining and expanding the emphasis on “differentiating instruction” to remove barriers to learning and to meet the needs of all students at all ability levels, including those students at risk of failure and special education students, in order to eliminate the achievement gap between these students and the general school population
- Furthering and sustaining the development of a school-wide model of collaboration between the classroom teachers and the special education teachers to better meet the needs of identified students
- Furthering and expanding a school-wide approach to the integration of arts &
- Sustaining and expanding the development of effective writing instruction
- Furthering and sustaining an intentional approach to remediation that is school-wide
- Furthering implementation of technology to impact student learning
- Expand the seven Thinking Strategies for comprehension across content areas
- Review and expand the gifted & talented services at CSES based on district
- Furthering and sustaining an effective Intervention plan for struggling students
- Endorse Positive Discipline
- The Council reviewed and approved the School Safety Plan for 2011-12. The plan is very similar to the previous plan. The update has been posted in the Safe Schools Binder.
- The Council reviewed and approved the Standing Committees for Camden for 2011-12. Each grade level is represented on every committee and all staff are on at least one committee.
- The Council considered and approved the first KETS expenditures for 2011-12. The first expenditure came to $4,831.14. The Council approved to use this for replacement of 8 outdated desktop computers. They agreed that it would be good to continue the cycle replacing old machines, especially since these machines could not handle the latest updates. Two VGA adaptors and VGA extension cords were on the request, too. These will be used to project the ipad2 onto the Intelligent Classroom screens.
- Principal’s Report
- Mr. Martin updated the Council on the latest staffing and student enrollment. Camden currently has 20 classroom teachers and 3 A&H teachers. The current warm-body count is 411 students. This means that Camden will be responsible for paying for approximately 1.32 teachers this year. The Council prepared for this last Spring, however, and worked that amount into the budget. It was discussed that the October 1 count will be the official warm-body count when it comes to final staffing and payments.
- The Council reported to closed session to discuss personnel matters at 3:59.
- The Council returned from closed session at 4:00.
- Having no further business, the Council adjourned at 4:00.