SCHOOL COUNCIL SUMMARY
June 16, 2011
The Camden Station Elementary School Council met in regular session in the Conference Room of Camden Station Elementary School with the following members present:
1. Stu Martin 2. Rachael Roy 3. Judy Sanders 4. Jennifer Moberly 5. Sylvain Limprevil
- The meeting was called to order at 3:31.
- The Council reviewed and approved the agenda.
- The Council reviewed and approved the minutes of the May 19, 2011 meeting.
- Mr. Martin notified the Council of the following personnel actions:
Shari Kortum to Reading Recovery Teacher at CSE – Conferred with Council on May 19, 2011
- Council Action Items
- The Council considered and approved the new mission statement for CSE. The Council was impressed with the new mission and felt it was very supportive of the direction students, parents and staff at Camden are going. It also supports the OCBE vision and mission for students. The work on the new mission statement began in September, 2010 and included the input of staff, parents, students, OC administrative staff and local businesses.
- The Council considered and approved the proposed fundraising requests for 2011-12. The requests were very similar to the 2010-11 requests.
- The Council considered and endorsed the calendar for Council meetings for 2011-12. The Council will meet on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 3:30, except for October. The date for that month is October 27, due to Fall Break.
- Principal’s Report
- Mr. Martin gave the Council an update on the current number of Kindergarten students enrolled for the 2011-12 school year. There are currently 44 K students enrolled, which means CSE will remain at 2 Kindergarten classrooms. If/when there are 49 Kindergarten students registered, Camden will move to 3 K sections.
- Mr. Martin recognized the member leaving the Council. Judy Sanders (K Teacher) and Jennifer Moberly (1st Grade Teacher) will be leaving the Council, due to their terms being up. These two Council members have been dedicated to CSE and have always put students first when helping the Council make decisions.
- The Council reported to closed session to discuss personnel matters at 3:53.
- The Council returned from closed session at 4:20.
- Having no further business, the Council adjourned at 4:21.