SCHOOL COUNCIL SUMMARY
May 19, 2011
The Camden Station Elementary School Council met in regular session in the Conference Room of Camden Station Elementary School with the following members present:
1. Stu Martin 2. Rachael Roy 3. Heidi Bramlage-Schomburg 4. Judy Sanders 5. Jennifer Moberly 6. Sylvain Limprevil
- The meeting was called to order at 3:40.
- The Council reviewed and approved the agenda.
- The Council reviewed and approved the minutes of the April 21, 2011 meeting.
- Mr. Martin notified the Council of the following personnel actions:
Barbara Nielsen – Conferred with Council on April 21, 2011
- Council Action Items
- The Council considered and approved the final 6 hours of the 24 required PD hours for Camden’s certified staff. The PD will be a continuation of the new standards and the June/July PD, with a focus on stage 3 activities.
- The Council considered and approved the budget and staffing proposal, based on projected enrollment. The Council decided to have 2 plans, since Kindergarten enrollment is in the “gray” area between 2 and 3 classrooms. There are currently 42 Kindergarten students registered for 2011-12. That does not support 3 classrooms, so the Council decided on 2 classrooms for Kindergarten. There are 8 other potential K students for 2011-12, though, but have not registered yet. These are families that are planning on moving to Oldham County and/or Camden’s District, but have not made the move yet. These are not guaranteed students. The Council agreed that once/if the K numbers for 2011-12 reached 49, we would move to 3 Kindergarten classrooms. With either plan, it is not projected that any Camden classroom will have more than 24 students. The rest of the grade levels will have the following number of classrooms: 1st – 3, 2nd – 3, 3rd – 3, 4th – 4, 5th – 4. Based on current numbers, class sizes will range from 20-24 students in each classroom.
- Principal’s Report
- The Council reported to closed session to discuss personnel matters at 4:21.
- The Council returned from closed session at 4:29.
- Having no further business, the Council adjourned at 4:34.