November 7, 2011
• No school tomorrow, Tuesday, November 8th.
• Eagle’s Nest will be open tomorrow (11/8/11). Students need to arrive no later than 9:00 AM for the field trip to King Pin.
• Camden’s Thanksgiving meal for staff and students is Wednesday, November 16th.
• First graders will have their artwork displayed that the Oldham County Public Library in LaGrange during the month of November! Ms. Dziedzic's friends will have their work displayed November 2-11. Ms. Arthur's friends will have their work displayed November 11-20. Ms. Mintman's friends will have their work displayed November 20-30. Visit the LaGrange branch of the Oldham County Public Library to support our Eagles during their display week!
• EAST OLDHAM CHEERLEADING CLINIC
Learn cheers, jumps, and stunts with the East Oldham Middle School Cheerleaders!
Friday, November 11th, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Check-in is 5:30pm—5:45pm if you are not pre-registered. Each participant will receive a t-shirt, snacks and the chance to cheer with the East Oldham Middle School Cheerleaders on Tuesday, November 15th at 6:30 p.m. All participants must be in Kindergarten through 5th Grade to attend!The fee of $25 per cheerleader includes the t-shirt and snacks.
This pre-registration fee is due by Friday, November 4th
Registration will take place at the door for $30.
Go to our website at www.eomscheer.weebly.com for more information and to download registration forms or email Coach Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Christy Michaud at email@example.com. There will be a few copies of the registration form in your school office if you cannot print them online.
• 5th Grade Baby Pictures for yearbook are due by Friday, November 18th. You can email picture and brief comments to Christy Michaud at firstname.lastname@example.org or see attached form. All hard copy baby pictures will be returned with yearbooks at the end of the school year.
• Don't miss out on ordering the yearbook. Deadline is Friday, December 16th! See attached form or you can order from www.jostens.com. If you are not sure whether you have ordered the yearbook already, please contact Christy Michaud at 241-7457 or email@example.com. The yearbooks are $20 (checks payable to Camden Station PTA). If you have any questions, contact Christy Michaud at 241-7457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Santa Breakfast will be Saturday, December 3rd from 9:30-11:30 AM.
Wear your pajamas, eat breakfast, enjoy a performance from the chorus, do fun crafts, and take pictures with Santa. Watch for order forms for Krispy Kreme donuts and Chick-Fil-A in the Tuesday folder. If you would like to volunteer at Santa Breakfast please contact Marci Rhyne at email@example.com.
• Newspapers Needed: The 4th and 5th graders are going to be starting a project in art in a couple of weeks in which we will be making props for the Christmas Round the World musical (papier mâché piñatas, and papier mâché dragons for the Chinese New Year). So, when you're done with that Sunday paper or Oldham Era, send it to the art room! I know we're all busy, but if you have time, please take out any non kid-friendly sections or materials of the paper before you send it to art.
• Kroger Cards: Just a reminder as it starts to turn colder and we begin to host fall gatherings and make more of those cold weather comfort foods...don't forget to load up and use your Kroger gift cards. You can purchase them online through the Camden PTA web page link or we will have $5 cards that you can load and reuse again and again available at the Camden Carnival this Saturday. Don't forget to also clip and save the Campbell soup labels and box tops from those groceries!
• Eagle's Nest Before and After School Program will be open December 19-22nd 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM. Cost is $95 for all three days or $35 per day for students currently not enrolled. Field trip cost will be extra. Please pick up a form in the office. December 27 & 28 will be offered from 7:30 AM- 4:00 PM. Cost $35 per day and we must have 20 students enrolled the 27th & 28th.
• Young Rembrandts
A Different Kind of Learning/ A Powerful Kind of Fun!
Young Rembrandts teaches drawing with a see-touch-do method that all kids can succeed with, learn from and love! Watch your child reach a brand new level of confidence and potential with this engaging, award-winning program
Class - Monday's 2:25-3:25
You can pick up an order form in the office.
Payments can be mailed in or Paid On-line