February 14, 2011
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: SCHOOL WILL BE IN SESSION MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21ST! At the Oldham County Schools Board meeting, it was decided that Oldham County Schools would be in session on President's Day (Monday, February 21st). Presently, it is marked on district calendars as a non-school day, but WE WILL have school that day to make up for one of our 8 snow days that have occurred this winter season. Please mark your calendars with this important change. Thank you.
- From the Library: Battle of the Books is here! For those students wishing to take part in the District Competition, they may try out on February 15th. The District Competition will be held at Buckner Elementary on March 7th (3/4 grade) and March 8th (5th grade).
- From the Music Room: 2nd and 3rd graders are well underway practicing for their March musical called, "Lights! Camera! Action!". They're doing a wonderful job learning lyrics and choreography and soon will be learning the script! The Kindergarteners and 1st graders begin their show this week! Theirs is called, "Lemonade" and will be performed in April. A letter will go home asking for parents to help out with costumes, scenery and props, as well as information you'll need to come. Also check Mrs. Hull's website for information on dates and times!
- ALL SENIORS WHO RESIDE IN OLDHAM COUNTY: Oldham County Dollars for Scholars applications are online at www.ocdfs.org. Completed applications must be postmarked no later than March 1, and applicants need to request official transcripts from their schools prior to submission. We're offering 75 scholarships this year, ranging from $500-$5,000 each. Go to our website (www.ocdfs.org) or keep in touch through our Facebook page.
- PARENTS and Oldham County Residents OCDFS needs your help.
Residents are needed to help score and process applications during March. If you are a parent or grandparent of a senior who will graduate this school year, you are eligible to help process the applications but not score. Please see processing and scoring dates and times below. To volunteer for any amount of time (even one hour), please contact Lori Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule when you'll be joining us. Evening and daytime sessions are listed below.
- The South Oldham Middle School Booster Club is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors for the 2011-2012 school year. Nominations need to be received by Scott Alsup, President, email@example.com by Thursday, March 3. Elections will be held at our monthly meeting on Thursday, March 31 at 6:00pm in the SOMS cafeteria. Positions are:
- Vice President
- Spirit Wear
Nominees must have a student at SOMS, join Booster Club, and attend the monthly meetings for the 2011-2012 school year. Nominate yourself or a friend (with their permission). Please include the nominees name, email address, and phone number. Please direct questions to Scott Alsup.
Don't forget tennis shoes for Fitness Fridays!
2-14-11 PTA Executive Board Mtg. 8:15
Basketball Games - 1st Game 1 VS 2
2nd Game 3 VS 4, BYE: 5
2-16-11 District Quick Recall practice
3rd Grade Clay Club 2:45 - 4:00
Domino Dough Raiser
2-17-11 Dance For Joy 2:30 - 3:15
Basketball Games - 1st Game 1 VS 3
2nd Game 2 VS 5, BYE 4
Governor's Cup Scrimmage @ Camden
Domino's Dough Raiser
2-18-11 Art Club 2:45 - 4:00
2-21-11 SCHOOL IN SESSION
Primary Chorus 2:30 - 3:15
2-23-11 EARLY RELEASE
2-24-11 Quick Recall Practice for District Recall Test
Basketball Game - 1st Game - 1 VS 4
2nd Game - 3 VS 5 , BYE 2
Dance For Joy 2;30 - 3:15
2nd Grade Clay Club 2:45 - 4:00
2-25-11 Art Club 2:45 - 4:00
80's Dance 7:00 - 8:30
2-26-11 Governor's Cup All Day District Competition
2-28-11 Basketball Games 1st Game 1 VS 5
2nd Game 2 VS 4, BYE 3
Primary Chorus 2:30 - 3:15
3-2-11 2nd Grade Clay Club 2-45 -4:00
3-3-11 Dance For Joy 2:30 - 3:15
Basketball Games 1st Game 2 VS 3
2nd Game 4 VS 5, BYE 1
3-4-11 Art Club 2:45 - 4:00
3-7-11 Primary Chorus 2:30 - 3:15
Basketball Games 1st Game Girls 1 VS Girls 2
2nd Game - Boys 1 VS Boys 2
Battle of the Books District Competition 3rd & 4th
3-8-11 Battle of the Books District Competition 5th grade
3-9-11 Kindergarten Registration 9:00 - 1:00
2nd Grade Clay Club
3-10-11 Dance For Joy 2:30 - 3:15
Kindergarten Registration 4:00 - 6:00